Definition of Leadership Function
(noun) The goal of a leader.
Examples of Leadership Function
- Elon Musk’s (born 1971), the Chief Executive Officer of SpaceX leadership function is to help develop technological products and generate revenue.
- Stan Kenton’s (1911–1979) leadership function as the leader of an orchestra was arranging and conducting music.
Leadership Function Pronunciation
Syllabification: lead·er·ship func·tion
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /ˈlidərˌʃɪp ˈfʌŋkʃən/
- British English – /ˈliːdəʃɪp ˈfʌnŋkʃən/
- Plural: leadership functions
Griffiths, Heather, Nathan Keirns, Eric Strayer, Susan Cody-Rydzewski, Gail Scaramuzzo, Tommy Sadler, Sally Vyain, Jeff Bry, Faye Jones. 2016. Introduction to Sociology 2e. Houston, TX: OpenStax.
Oxford University Press. (N.d.) Oxford Dictionaries. (https://www.oxforddictionaries.com/).
Wikipedia contributors. (N.d.) Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Wikimedia Foundation. (https://en.wikipedia.org/).
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2013. “leadership function.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved January 21, 2020 (https://sociologydictionary.org/leadership-function/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
leadership function. (2013). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/leadership-function/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2013. “leadership function.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed January 21, 2020. https://sociologydictionary.org/leadership-function/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“leadership function.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2013. Web. 21 Jan. 2020. <https://sociologydictionary.org/leadership-function/>.