Definition of International
(adjective) Concerning two or more nations.
Examples of International
- American English – /in-tuhr-nAsh-uhn-l/
- British English – /in-tuh-nAsh-uh-nuhl/
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /ˌɪn(t)ərˈnæʃ(ə)nəl/
- British English – /ˌɪntəˈnaʃn̩(ə)l/
- In contrast to international, national concerns one nation.
- Sociologists study (noun) internationality or (noun) internationalism to examine (adverb) internationally relevant themes such as (noun) internationalists and the process of (noun) internationalization or how culture (verb) internationalizes.
- Word origin of “international” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- Kendall, Gavin, Ian Woodward, and Zlatko Skrbiš. 2009. The Sociology of Cosmopolitanism: Globalization, Identity, Culture and Government. New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Martell, Luke. 2010. The Sociology of Globalization. Malden, MA: Polity Press.
- Nash, Kate. 2010. Contemporary Political Sociology: Globalization, Politics, and Power. 2nd ed. Malden, MA: Blackwell.
- Robertson, Roland, and Kathleen E. White. 2003. Globalization: Critical Concepts in Sociology. London: Routledge.
- Sassen, Saskia. 2007. A Sociology of Globalization. New York: Norton.
- Savage, Michael, Gaynor Bagnall, and Brian Longhurst. 2005. Globalization and Belonging. London: SAGE.
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “international.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved May 17, 2021 (https://sociologydictionary.org/international/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
international. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/international/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “international.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed May 17, 2021. https://sociologydictionary.org/international/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“international.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 17 May. 2021. <https://sociologydictionary.org/international/>.