Definition of Infralegal Dispute
(noun) An incident that occurs outside the process of law that does not involve repeated violence.
Example of Infralegal Dispute
- A disagreement between neighbors about who will clean up a tree that fell over in a storm.
Infralegal Dispute Pronunciation
Syllabification: in·fra·le·gal dis·pute
- Plural: infralegal disputes
- Infralegal dispute is constrasted to extralegal dispute.
- Crime and Law Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “infralegal” and “dispute” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “infralegal dispute.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved May 31, 2020 (http://sociologydictionary.org/infralegal-dispute/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
infralegal dispute. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from http://sociologydictionary.org/infralegal-dispute/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “infralegal dispute.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed May 31, 2020. http://sociologydictionary.org/infralegal-dispute/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“infralegal dispute.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 31 May. 2020. <http://sociologydictionary.org/infralegal-dispute/>.