Definition of Illegal
(adjective) Prohibited by law.
- American English – /i-lEEgUHl/
- British English – /i-lEEgUHl/
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /ɪˈligəl/
- British English – /ɪˈliːɡəl/
- Crime and Law Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “illegal” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2013. “illegal.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved July 10, 2020 (https://sociologydictionary.org/illegal/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
illegal. (2013). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/illegal/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2013. “illegal.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed July 10, 2020. https://sociologydictionary.org/illegal/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“illegal.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2013. Web. 10 Jul. 2020. <https://sociologydictionary.org/illegal/>.