Definition of Homework
Example of Homework
- weaving baskets
- American English – /hOHm-wuhrk/
- British English – /hOHm-wuhrk/
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /ˈhoʊmˌwərk/
- British English – /ˈhəʊmwəːk/
- Plural: homework
- Homework also refers to school work completed at home.
- Not to be confused with domestic labor (domestic labour).
- Variant spellings:
- home work
- Also called homeworking.
- Family and Kinship Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “homework” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- domestic labor
- household allocative system
- household work strategy
- joint conjugal-role relationship
- second shift
- segregated conjugal-role relationship
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “homework.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved June 6, 2020 (http://sociologydictionary.org/homework/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
homework. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from http://sociologydictionary.org/homework/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “homework.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed June 6, 2020. http://sociologydictionary.org/homework/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“homework.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 6 Jun. 2020. <http://sociologydictionary.org/homework/>.