Definition of Global Inequality
(noun) When resources are limited to a few core nations and a wealthy minority of corporations or individuals.
Global Inequality Pronunciation
Syllabification: glob·al in·e·qual·i·ty
- American English – /glOH-buhl in-i-kwAHl-uh-tee/
- British English – /glOH-buhl in-i-kwOl-i-tee/
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /ˈgloʊbəl ˌɪnɪˈkwɑləti/
- British English – /ˈgləʊbəl ˌɪni(ː)ˈkwɒlɪti/
- Plural: global inequalities
- Economic Sociology Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “global” and “inequality” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- Sachs, Jeffrey D. 2005. The End of Poverty: The Economic Possibilities for Our Time. New York: Penguin.
- global assembly line
- global city
- global commodity chain
- global stratification
- media globalization
- technological diffusion
Brym, Robert J., and John Lie. 2007. Sociology: Your Compass for a New World. 3rd ed. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth.
Ferrante, Joan. 2011. Sociology: A Global Perspective. 7th ed. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth.
Griffiths, Heather, Nathan Keirns, Eric Strayer, Susan Cody-Rydzewski, Gail Scaramuzzo, Tommy Sadler, Sally Vyain, Jeff Bry, Faye Jones. 2016. Introduction to Sociology 2e. Houston, TX: OpenStax.
Kimmel, Michael S., and Amy Aronson. 2012. Sociology Now. Boston: Allyn & Bacon.
Wikipedia contributors. (N.d.) Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Wikimedia Foundation. (https://en.wikipedia.org/).
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2013. “global inequality.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved October 19, 2021 (https://sociologydictionary.org/global-inequality/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
global inequality. (2013). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/global-inequality/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2013. “global inequality.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed October 19, 2021. https://sociologydictionary.org/global-inequality/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“global inequality.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2013. Web. 19 Oct. 2021. <https://sociologydictionary.org/global-inequality/>.