Definition of Economism
(noun) The theory that economic forces have dominance over all others such as social forces and cultural forces.
- IPA Pronunciation
- Syllabification: (econ·o·mism)
- Plural: economisms
- Economic Sociology Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Gasper, Des. 2004. The Ethics of Development: From Economism to Human Development. Edinburgh, Scotland: Edinburgh University Press.
- Mouzelis, Nicos P. 2008. Modern and Postmodern Social Theorizing: Bridging the Divide. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Saul, John Ralston. 2009. The Collapse of Globalism. London: Atlantic.
- Teivainen, Teivo. 2002. Enter Economism, Exit Politics: Experts, Economic Policy and the Damage to Democracy. London: Zed Books.
The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language. 5th ed. 2011. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
Macmillan. (N.d.) Macmillan Dictionary. (https://www.macmillandictionary.com/).
Merriam-Webster. (N.d.) Merriam-Webster Dictionary. (http://www.merriam-webster.com/).
Oxford University Press. (N.d.) Oxford Dictionaries. (https://www.oxforddictionaries.com/).
Stewart, Paul, and Johan Zaaiman, eds. 2015. Sociology: A Concise South African Introduction. Cape Town: Juta.
Wikipedia contributors. (N.d.) Wiktionary, The Free Dictionary. Wikimedia Foundation. (http://en.wiktionary.org).
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2015. “economism.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved August 24, 2019 (https://sociologydictionary.org/economism/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
economism. (2015). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/economism/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2015. “economism.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed August 24, 2019. https://sociologydictionary.org/economism/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“economism.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2015. Web. 24 Aug. 2019. <https://sociologydictionary.org/economism/>.