Definition of E-readiness
(noun) The level of knowledge or ability needed to understand and implement digital technology or information.
Syllabification: e read·i·ness
- American English – /EE-rEd-ee-nuhs/
- British English – /ee-rE-di-nis/
International Phonetic Alphabet
- American English – /i-ˈrɛdinəs/
- British English – /iː-ˈrɛdɪnɪs/
- Plural: e-readinesses
- E-readiness refers to the ability of not only an individual, but societies and nations as well.
- Variant spelling:
- Word origin of “e-” and “readiness” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- Sörlin, Sverker, and Hebe M. C. Vessuri, eds. 2007. Knowledge Society vs. Knowledge Economy: Knowledge, Power, and Politics. New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- cultural capital
- culture lag
- digital divide
- knowledge gap
- planned obsolescence
- technological diffusion
Griffiths, Heather, Nathan Keirns, Eric Strayer, Susan Cody-Rydzewski, Gail Scaramuzzo, Tommy Sadler, Sally Vyain, Jeff Bry, Faye Jones. 2016. Introduction to Sociology 2e. Houston, TX: OpenStax.
Oxford University Press. (N.d.) Oxford Dictionaries. (https://www.oxforddictionaries.com/).
Wikipedia contributors. (N.d.) Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Wikimedia Foundation. (https://en.wikipedia.org/).
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2013. “e-readiness.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved April 21, 2021 (https://sociologydictionary.org/e-readiness/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
e-readiness. (2013). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/e-readiness/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2013. “e-readiness.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed April 21, 2021. https://sociologydictionary.org/e-readiness/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“e-readiness.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2013. Web. 21 Apr. 2021. <https://sociologydictionary.org/e-readiness/>.