- A study investigating attitudes towards gay marriage among baby boomers.
- The Dunedin Multidisciplinary Health and Development Study of New Zealand.
Audio Pronunciation: (co·hort stud·y)
Download Audio Pronunciation: cohort study.mp3
- Plural: cohort studies
- A cohort study that examines existing data is a retrospective cohort study or that examines data for a predefined time span is a prospective cohort study.
- A cohort study can investigate cohort effects.
- Cohort used in a sentence: My classmates and I are part of a cohort study.
- Word origin of “cohort” and “study” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
- Babbie, Earl R. 2013. The Practice of Social Research. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth/Cengage Learning.
- Bryman, Alan. 2012. Social Research Methods. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Cole, Stephen. 1972. The Sociological Method. Chicago: Markham Publishing Company.
- Creswell, John W. 2014. Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative, and Mix Methods Approaches. 4th ed. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Lune, Howard, Enrique S. Pumar, and Ross Koppel. 2010. Perspectives in Social Research Methods and Analysis: A reader for Sociology. Los Angeles: Sage.
- Ragin, Charles C., and Lisa M. Amoroso. 2011. Constructing Social Research: The Unity and Diversity of Method. Los Angeles: SAGE Publications.
- Singleton, Royce, and Bruce C. Straits. 2010. Approaches to Social Research. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Teddie, Charles, and Abbas Tashakkori. 2009. Foundations of Mixed Methods Research: Integrating Quantitative and Qualitative Approaches in the Social and Behavioral Sciences. Thousand Oaks: Sage Publications.
- Vogt, W. Paul. 2011. Dictionary of Statistics and Methodology: A Nontechnical Guide for the Social Sciences. London: SAGE.
- Wysocki, Diane Kholos. 2008. Readings in Social Research Methods. Belmont, CA: Thomson/Wadsworth.
- Sociological Research Online: socresonline.org.uk
Burdess, Neil. 2010. Starting Statistics: A Short, Clear Guide. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE.
Cramer, Duncan, and Dennis Howitt. 2004. The SAGE Dictionary of Statistics: A Practical Resource for Students in the Social Sciences. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE.
Farlex. (N.d.) TheFreeDictionary.com: Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus. Farlex. (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/).
Fioramonti, Lorenzo. 2014. How Numbers Rule the World: The Use and Abuse of Statistics in Global Politics. London: Zed Books.
Larson, Ron, and Elizabeth Farber. 2015. Elementary Statistics: Picturing the World. 6th ed. Boston: Pearson.
Oxford University Press. (N.d.) Oxford Dictionaries. (https://www.oxforddictionaries.com/).
Salkind, Neil J., ed. 2007. Encyclopedia of Measurement and Statistics. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE.
Taylor & Francis. (N.d.) Routledge Handbooks Online. (https://www.routledgehandbooks.com/).
Weinstein, Jay A. 2010. Applying Social Statistics: An Introduction to Quantitative Reasoning in Sociology. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield.
Wikipedia contributors. (N.d.) Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Wikimedia Foundation. (https://en.wikipedia.org/).
Wikipedia contributors. (N.d.) Wiktionary, The Free Dictionary. Wikimedia Foundation. (http://en.wiktionary.org).
Wiley. (N.d.) Wiley Online Library. (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/).
How to Cite the Definition of Cohort Study
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “cohort study.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved December 16, 2018 (https://sociologydictionary.org/cohort-study/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
cohort study. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/cohort-study/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “cohort study.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed December 16, 2018. https://sociologydictionary.org/cohort-study/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“cohort study.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 16 Dec. 2018. <https://sociologydictionary.org/cohort-study/>.