Definition of Arranged Marriage
Example of Arranged Marriage
Arranged Marriage Pronunciation
- IPA Pronunciation
- Syllabification: (ar·ranged mar·riage)
- Plural: arranged marriages
- This is a simplified definition of a vast continuum of societal and cultural practices that include endogamic and exogamic marriages, child marriages, and diplomatic marriages among many others.
- A type of marriage.
- Family and Kinship Resources – Books, Journals, and Helpful Links
- Word origin of “arrange” and “marriage” – Online Etymology Dictionary: etymonline.com
ASA – American Sociological Association (5th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “arranged marriage.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Retrieved August 20, 2019 (https://sociologydictionary.org/arranged-marriage/).
APA – American Psychological Association (6th edition)
arranged marriage. (2014). In K. Bell (Ed.), Open education sociology dictionary. Retrieved from https://sociologydictionary.org/arranged-marriage/
Chicago/Turabian: Author-Date – Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
Bell, Kenton, ed. 2014. “arranged marriage.” In Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Accessed August 20, 2019. https://sociologydictionary.org/arranged-marriage/.
MLA – Modern Language Association (7th edition)
“arranged marriage.” Open Education Sociology Dictionary. Ed. Kenton Bell. 2014. Web. 20 Aug. 2019. <https://sociologydictionary.org/arranged-marriage/>.