1. (noun) A group that shares a common idea, interest or ideology.
Example: The viewing public in relation to television watching.
2. (noun) The group affected by a policy.
Example: Students that must pay a tuition increase.
3. (noun) A community or people in general.
Example: The residents of a city.
4. (adjective) Concerning or relating to people considered as whole.
Example: The public at large or the public good.
5. (adjective) Accessible and open to all people.
Example: A public forum or public gardens.
Audio Pronunciation: (pub·lic)
Download Audio Pronunciation: public.mp3
- Plural: publics