Audio Pronunciation: (mo·nog·a·my)
Download Audio Pronunciation: monogamy.mp3
- Monogamy as a marital norm is contrasted with polygamy, specifically polygyny and polyandry.
- Type: serial monogamy
- Also called monogamousness.
- Monogamy used in a sentence: I want a partner that supports monogamy in relationships.
- A (noun) monogamist (adverb) monogamously participates in a (adjective) monogamous or (adjective) monogamistic relationship.
- Anderson, Eric. 2012. The Monogamy Gap: Men, Love, and the Reality of Cheating. Oxford, United Kingdom: Oxford University Press.
- Coltrane, Scott. 2004. Families and Society: Classic and Contemporary Readings. Belmont, CA: Thomson/Wadsworth.