(noun) “A political and social ideology that seeks to prevent the environment from degradation by human activity” (Wiktionary n.d.).
Audio Pronunciation: (en·vi·ron·men·tal·ism)
Download Audio Pronunciation: environmentalism.mp3
- Anderson, David G., and Eeva K. Berglund. 2003. Ethnographies of Conservation: Environmentalism and the Distribution of Privilege. New York: Berghahn Books.
- Argyrou, Vassos. 2005. The Logic of Environmentalism: Anthropology, Ecology and Postcoloniality. New York: Berghahn Books.
- Barry, Tom, and Beth Sims. 1994. The Challenge of Cross-border Environmentalism: The U.S. – Mexico Case. Albuquerque, NM: Resource Center Press.
- Loftus, Alex. 2012. Everyday Environmentalism: Creating an Urban Political Ecology. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press.
- Milton, Kay. 1993. Environmentalism: The View from Anthropology. London: Routledge.
Wiktionary. n.d. “environmentalism.” Retrieved April 1, 2013 (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/environmentalism).