Audio Pronunciation: (dram·a·tur·gy)
Download Audio Pronunciation: dramaturgy.mp3
- Plural: dramaturgies
- Methodology explicated by Erving Goffman (1922–1982) in The Presentation of Self in Everyday Life (1959) including related terms such as impression management.
- Also called:
- dramaturgical analysis
- dramaturgical approach
- dramaturgical perspective
- dramaturgical sociology
- Burns, Tom. 1992. Erving Goffman. London: Routledge.
- Gouldner, Alvin Ward. 1970. The Coming Crisis of Western Sociology. New York: Basic Books.
- Jacobsen, Michael Hviid. 2010. The Contemporary Goffman. New York: Routledge.
OpenStax College. 2012. Theoretical Perspectives. Connexions. October 9, 2012. (http://cnx.org/content/m42792/1.6/).