Audio Pronunciation: (do·mes·tic part·ner·ship)
Download Audio Pronunciation: domestic partnership.mp3
- Plural: domestic partnerships
- Domestic partnerships are available to same-sex couples in some societies and cultures that do not allow legally recognized same-sex marriage.
- A domestic partnership, similar to marriage exists on a continuum across legal jurisdictions. No single definition can encapsulate such a dynamic and nonstandardized term. Defined broadly, a domestic partnership offers fewer legal rights and responsibilities than a marriage or a civil union.
- Also called domestic partnership agreement.
- Domestic partnership used in a sentence: Alex and Danny had a commitment ceremony for their domestic partnership.