Audio Pronunciation: (crim·i·nol·o·gy)
Download Audio Pronunciation: criminology.mp3
- Plural: criminologies
- Criminology is viewed as a sub-field of sociology by some and its own discipline by others.
- Also called criminal justice.
- A type of social science.
- Type: penology
- A specialist in criminology is a (noun) criminologist and studies (adjective) criminologic or (adjective) criminological information (adverb) criminologically.
- Foucault, Michel, and Alan Sheridan. 1995. Discipline and Punish: The Birth of the Prison. New York: Vintage Books.
- Hagan, John, A. R. Gillis, and David Brownfield. 1996. Criminological Controversies a Methodological Primer. Boulder, CO: Westview Press.
- Henshel, Richard L., and Robert A. Silverman. 1975. Perception in Criminology. New York: Columbia University Press.
Princeton University. 2010. “About WordNet.” WordNet. (http://wordnet.princeton.edu/wordnet).