Audio Pronunciation: (com·mu·nism)
Download Audio Pronunciation: communism.mp3
- Plural: communisms
- There are numerous variations of communism related to different people such as:
- Also called: state monopoly capitalism
- “Though Marx is often identified with the communist revolutions and social governments that appeared in many nations in the 20th century, Marx actually had little to say about communism or socialism. Marx was a utopian who centered his attention on capitalism and its internal dynamics, assuming that when socialism replaced capitalism many of world’s problems would disappear” (Hughes and Kroehler 2008:12).
- Alexander, Robert J. 1973. Trotskyism in Latin America. Stanford, CA: Hoover Institution Press, Stanford University.
- Callinicos, Alex. 1990. Trotskyism. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press.
- Harding, Neil. 1996. Leninism. London: Macmillan press.
- Heilbroner, Robert L. 1980. Marxism: For and Against. New York: Norton.
- Lane, David Stuart. 1981. Leninism: A Sociological Interpretation. Cambridge, United Kingdom: Cambridge University Press.
- Llerena, Mario. 1978. The Unsuspected Revolution: The Birth and Rise of Castroism. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press.
- Marx, Karl, and Friedrich Engels. The Communist manifesto.
- Marx, Karl, and Friedrich Engels. Das Kapital: A Critique of Political Economy.
- Meisner, Maurice J. 1982. Marxism, Maoism, and Utopianism: Eight Essays. Madison: University of Wisconsin Press.
- Sowell, Thomas. 1985. Marxism: Philosophy and Economics. New York: Morrow.
- Suarez, Andrés. 1967. Cuba: Castroism and Communism, 1959-1966. Cambridge, MA: M.I.T. Press
- Trotsky, Leon. The History of the Russian Revolution.
- Wylie, Raymond Finlay. 1980. The Emergence of Maoism: Mao Tse-tung, Ch’en Po-ta, and the Search for Chinese Theory, 1935-1945. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press.
- Durkheim, Emile
- mode of production
- relations to production
- social movement
- Marx, Karl
- Weber, Max
Hughes, Michael, and Carolyn J. Kroehler. 2008. Sociology: The Core. 8th ed. Boston: McGraw Hill.