- A study investigating attitudes towards gay marriage among baby boomers.
- The Dunedin Multidisciplinary Health and Development Study of New Zealand.
Audio Pronunciation: (co·hort stud·y)
Download Audio Pronunciation: cohort study.mp3
- Plural: cohort studies
- A cohort study that examines existing data is a retrospective cohort study or that examines data for a predefined time span is a prospective cohort study.
- A cohort study can investigate cohort effects.
- Cohort used in a sentence: My classmates and I are part of a cohort study.
- Babbie, Earl R. 2013. The Practice of Social Research. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth/Cengage Learning.
Bryman, Alan. 2012. Social Research Methods. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Cole, Stephen. 1972. The Sociological Method. Chicago: Markham Publishing Company.
- Creswell, John W. 2014. Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative, and Mix Methods Approaches. 4th ed. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Lune, Howard, Enrique S. Pumar, and Ross Koppel. 2010. Perspectives in Social Research Methods and Analysis: A reader for Sociology. Los Angeles: Sage.
- Ragin, Charles C., and Lisa M. Amoroso. 2011. Constructing Social Research: The Unity and Diversity of Method. Los Angeles: SAGE Publications.
- Singleton, Royce, and Bruce C. Straits. 2010. Approaches to Social Research. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Teddie, Charles, and Abbas Tashakkori. 2009. Foundations of Mixed Methods Research: Integrating Quantitative and Qualitative Approaches in the Social and Behavioral Sciences. Thousand Oaks: Sage Publications.
- Vogt, W. Paul. 2011. Dictionary of Statistics and Methodology: A Nontechnical Guide for the Social Sciences. London: SAGE.
- Wysocki, Diane Kholos. 2008. Readings in Social Research Methods. Belmont, CA: Thomson/Wadsworth.
- Sociological Research Online: socresonline.org.uk