(noun) “[A] geographic area with high levels of cancer within its population” (OpenStax College 2012).
Audio Pronunciation: (can·cer clus·ter)
Download Audio Pronunciation: cancer cluster.mp3
- Plural: cancer clusters
- Bradby, Hannah. 2009. Medical Sociology: An Introduction. Los Angeles: SAGE.
- Cockerham, William C. 1992. Medical Sociology. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall.
- Dobson, Mary J. 2007. Disease: The Extraordinary Stories Behind History’s Deadliest Killers. London: Quercus.
- Purdy, Michael, and David Banks. 2001. The Sociology and Politics of Health: A Reader. London: Routledge.
- Weiss, Gregory L., and Lynne E. Lonnquist. 2009. The Sociology of Health, Healing, and Illness. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall.
OpenStax College. 2012. Introduction to Population, Urbanization, and the Environment. Connexions, June 4, 2012. (http://cnx.org/content/m43022/1.2/).