1. (noun) An individual that actively speaks out in favor of a cause, group, or another individual.
2. (verb) To actively speak out in favor of cause or another person.
Example: An individual that attends community events distributing information about domestic violence issues.
Audio Pronunciation: (ad·vo·cate)
Download Audio Pronunciation: advocate.mp3
- Plural: advocates
- Advocate sociology provides theories and methods to advocates.
- A type of achieved status and individual.
- An (noun) advocator provides (noun) advocation in an (adjective) advocative or an (adjective) advocatory manner